21 August 2009

wonderful sounds

After all of the other things I've written, I thought I would add a few dashes of sunshine. Not that it is my intent, really - it isn't - but good things are going on and I want them to get into this book, too.

After a few days absent, MR is home. That's good. I missed him. I'm sure he was gone because he was mad, but I can't do anything about that. I really can't. Aside from that, we've been talking and just chilling out more. He's changing and that's good. I feel a bit odd about it, though. Something is amiss, but I'll just ride this out and enjoy what I can of it.

RM is talking more, too... well, sort of. At the very least, we're somewhat past the long periods of deafening silence and perfunctory greetings. That's nice. There's a lot I could say there, and all of it would be true, but I don't want to care about it. I just want to enjoy the fact that I feel like I'm talking to my friend again.

MR and I were at the pool yesterday and I finally got the whole swimming thing down. Well, the rudiments anyway. It started off with him trying to get me into the water (which I was hesitant to do because of a nice breeze), then him trying to get me to just relax. He told me to try putting my hands in front of me and then moving forward and kicking. It seemed simple, so I tried. It was *gasp* easy. It was easy enough to be annoying, so I tried moving my arms intuitively. He had planned to get me doing that later, but it seems that I just took the next step on instinct. Then I got brave. I wanted to swim to the deep end of the pool. I did that a few times. I even dove in a couple of times. It rained while I was in the pool and I enjoyed that, too. I even amused myself thinking that this is the third happy rain I've seen in some time. Then we just swam some more. He swam beside me. I have the endurance for it and I move pretty well, but I need to be able to hold my breath longer.

Still, to do something for the first time that I've only been able to watch for 27 years... *sigh* It just feels so good. I can't begin to describe how it makes me feel even now. Now I wake up wanting to swim and it's only been 24 hours. I can't wait until this meeting is over so I can go back and swim. It was time well spent with MR and I'm glad I had it.

I finally broke down and talked to Mom and made a decision to file for unemployment. I've tried to avoid it because I know there are other people that need it more and I just want a job; I don't want to not have work, but that's the way things are and I can't afford any pride in my life right now. It went pretty well. I also applied for a ton of jobs and will keep looking for the cash wherever it comes for now.

Finally got the Hillsman interview. I'm totally stoked about that and I will be thrilled to work in their computer lab if I get the chance. I really hope they hire me.

Shanka came over and broke my bed. That sucks, but only because I can't cuddle now :(. Other than that, I don't care. James came by and that was awesome. He's going to move here in a month or two and I am SO EXCITED ABOUT THAT. I really enjoy him.

We talked about the fact that my caring less in general has had some good results I'm able to enjoy now. I suppose that's true, but it leaves me with concerns about the future. Hm...

Dalton and Devon (moreso Dalton, though) have recently been re-entered into my life and it has been a trip. I enjoy them both in particular ways, but wish Devon weren't such a player. Oh well, such is life.

Found a parkour group that I can hang with and practice freerunning. I'm happy about that and I've been going there now for about three weeks. That has been a world of awesome. The people there are WAYYYY younger than me, but they don't know it. It's funny. I love all the running and jumping and everything else. Excitement! *squee*

Talked to Ben the other day. I really need to work on my video for him. I'm totally ready for that...

Like I said, good sounds in my life right now. Alas, I've a meeting to attend, so off I go. ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment