We went to the dealer room and see if anything was on sale. Mil and Phillip went to the dealer room first and Korri spirited himself away somewhere.
After Mil left, I went back to the dealer room with Phillip. Half of the things I wanted to see there run into were gone and I left my glasses in the car, which left me unable to see what was left. I did manage to visit the hatcore stand and buy another hat for James. I thought he'd like the hat...

He did. Looked around for wall scrolls, hats, bag, and such to buy, but nothing I could afford at the time...
Oh well.
I walked around and people watched and took more pictures (rawr!!!). There were some really good costumes and such. Good stuff. I mean, really good stuff. I'll post links to pictures later when I can so you can see them all :)
Korri and Phillip decided to go back to the dealer room, so I went to the food court to people watch; no point in going back to the dealer room to spend money I didn't have, right? Instead I got mango bubble tea. After they took the time to make it, I found out they only took cash (freakin' - a!) so I went to the ATM to get cash (;_;) and tasted the tea.
Started to feel a bit lonely and decided to respond to a text I got earlier from a friend. They needed to talk to me, so I called them. The next 45 minutes were shell shock. After hearing that Justin died, I just went numb. She was talking and I sympathized, but it was hard to hear her over simply being overwhelmed. He was hit by a car while walking last night. We emailed via facebook like two days before I left for the con. WTF. I don't know what to say. I still don't. I'll miss him and the phrase that he gave me to live by:
My scars are my children.
The guys spent two hours in the dealer room, so as I struggled to find my way out of the funk I was in, I put on dance music and just walked to a spot near the dealer room. I took pictures, found a large object and sat next to it. I played a game on the iPhone to pass time. When they came out, we decided to go home, so I called Gary, set things up and we were off. I was silent for most of the drive.
Not wanting to upset people, I powered through the rest of the day trying to be as cordial as I could. We took Korri home first (1 hour), then deciding the better of watching a two-hour movie, we took the rest of the trip home from there (2 hours). The phone died about halfway through the trip, but we were on 316 by then, so we were home safe. I knocked out for a while and woke up a few blocks away from home (of course I snored while sleeping).
Arriving home, James was there playing games. Donovan was walking out of the door, but stopped to stare at my Panda Pirate hate before continuing on his way. Here's the hat...

I grunted at him and kept walking. Going upstairs, I gave James his hat (which he liked and took a few pictures of) and caught him up on the weekend's events. He did the same and Phillip went home as we were both tired. I talked to James for a while. We started to watch Ninja Scroll, but the video started being hella dumb, so we watched a couple of eps of Kekkaishi and went to sleep.
Back to normal life, I guess, but the weekend was worthwhile. I have anime I want to watch, cosplay I want to make and/or buy, stories to write, things to draw and read, and people to follow on twitter. I also have a pirate panda as a friend. I wore him to work the next day. Odd looks, then laughter. It was a good start for some people having a rough morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment