09 February 2011

Good for me

Entering this year, I set a goal of doing things that were/are good for me. I suppose that is going okay, but as I continue to reflect on the things going on within me and around me, I wonder how much of it I could really do without.

Facebook? Well, yes, it connects me to family and many distant friends and other such things that I enjoy and even cherish. Do I need it? No. Could I do without it? Yes. Yes, I could. It would be inconvenient at worst and at best a hidden blessing. Too many things to note and take note of and -- quite frankly -- waste time on there.

Chats? Well they are fun. I'm making many acquaintances in whatever place I go, but do I need it or need to do so as often as I do? No. Could I do without the people there? Could they do without me? Yes on all counts. Without me, they miss nothing.

Twitter? Good source of info and help but so is google. People there are cool but missing me won't kill them.

Who knows what to do? Drop it for a while. Maybe permanently... Along with other things.

Maybe I should just see where it leads. I'll edit later and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment