24 December 2011

A Very Normal Day

Thursday was the last working day for everyone in HQ, so I took the day off as well. That day, I did a bunch of normal things.
---
  • I woke up at the ridiculously early time I always do. 
  • I went back to sleep. 
  • I talked to a friend online for a bit.
  • I had commune time.
  • I shaved.
  • I got ready to leave. Mind you, at this point, everyone else had left the house to go somewhere or other. As I walked out of the door, they returned.
  • I caught a bus downtown to take Alessio's stuff to his apartment.
  • I realized that I'm locked out of my office until he returns because he has my keys.
  • I took myself on a lunch date. Phillip decided to tag along at the last minute. Fine. We ran into a bunch of Plan International people. Mildly irritating. It's tiring being bombarded by people, realizing that I'm already contributing to their cause, communicating that information for the nth time and mostly because I don't do what immediately comes to mind which is rip their head off with varying streams of profanity or just ignore them depending on my mood. I get it, I'm helping, stop asking me.
  • Ate lunch at Five Stay Day Cafe. Chicken and dumplings with a Cheerwine.
  • Went back home and played LoL for a while.
  • Had a phone conversation with a friend that was having issues with his mom. I said very mean things about his mom. I don't like her. At all.
  • My baby's mama called me to tell me she wanted to see me as they needed a hug and I was her only happiness this year. I got on the next bus to see her after I finished a game. A friend came with me.
  • I came in, I let her talk about her problems and passions. We got burgers. I came home.
  • I listened to music.
  • I read a bit more of this book.
  • I talked to Polli and other people online.
  • Baby's mama called me back to tell me never to wear a wifebeater in front of her again. She also said she would now have to take a shower after seeing me in one. 
  • Gave Rickey a hug as requested. Talked to a couple of friends online.
  • Passed out from exhaustion.
---
The day was a good day objectively, but I wrestled with being depressed and tired for most of that day. Things from the days before just circling around in addition to other thoughts and heart issues.

Other things of note were funny in their oddness. My baby's mama said that she approved a couple of guys for me to date if I ever date guys. I had to chuckle at this. She also mentioned Joe -- "who was that short, white guy that you were with the last time you were here. He was really sweet, but quiet. Give him love from me, too."

That brings about all manner of feelings that would called warm and fuzzy. I miss him a lot, actually. He's with family for the holidays and therefore away. My love goes with him, of course. It's been a while since I've seen him. I wish he were here.

I'm missing quite a few people right now, actually.

That's just a normal day I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment