I'm a single guy, so I guess I can't fathom all this, but whatever on that. Okay, so the situation is this: I ask a friend to go out or something and this is the general convo:
hey, let's hang out.
oh okay. cool.
sweet.[three days later] sorry dude. can't go.why?[insert bullshit excuse related to girlfriend/wife/fiancé here]
Annoying for so many reasons. Seriously, ladies, you probably live with the guy because you're dating and see each other all the time or live together. Is it going to kill you that he's gone for an hour or even a day or two? No. No it won't because you'll have him mostly to yourself for the other 360~ days of the freakin' year.
What the fuck?
No, seriously. I hung out with Tai yesterday. I was the first person he had gone out to visit for three months because his baby's mom doesn't like his friends. This is what girls are like. Girls. Not women, not ladies, but freakin girls. I'm so tired of having to be separated from my guy friends when I finally have the free time to hang out because their girlfriends have to be attached to the hip or all of a sudden their feelings are being respected.
Are you fuckin serious?!
Yes, I understand that you can't be together all the time because each of you work and that means you have waking up together, sleeping together, mutual days off, holidays, the phone, facebook, etc... which leaves you about... six possible hours and three effective hours of together time together per day. On a seven day week, that's about 21 hours. About 1,000 hours a year. That said, I'm asking for 5-72 of those consecutively.
In spite of the fact that I'm asking for about 1-10% of your annual possible quality time together, I would also like to note that you have a 90% chance of seeing and communing with this person you are romantically involved with every single day. That's 168 hours a week or about 8000 hours a year. If I don't catch those few hours, I have a less than 1% chance to see this person, period. Maybe I'm out of line (as if I give a fuck), but I don't think I'm asking too much here.
And no, I am not going to apologize for any of these feelings because it should piss anyone off that manipulative bitches like this exist. This is just flat-out ridiculous. I can't tell you how many weekdays and weekends and other combinations of day plans this has ruined and if it isn't that it's the girlfriend/whomever that constantly calls or sends texts while the guy is out for a few hours.
Grow the fuck up.
I hope you aren't talking about Josh and myself with that two or three day remark because he didn't want to go for reasons all of his own and they have very little to do with me AND I told him to go.
ReplyDeleteAnd you are right about the part where just because you live together that doesn't mean you see each other that often. For Josh and myself for instance I see him for two minutes in the morning as he kisses me goodbye then MAYBE for an hour at night after I get home and before he goes to bed. And the nights I have off Brandon or John are usually here or I have homework and can't spend time with Josh or he's playing video games instead of spending time with me. So IF this has anything to do with this weekend (which it may since a little birdie told me you weren't happy that he canceled)you should know it had more to do with you and John than it did with me and I had nothing to do with him staying in Athens. And, we need some time to connect in spite of the fact that we might sleep together for two or three hours a night.
I'll assume I wasn't one of the bitches since the manipulation thing doesn't apply. Hope you have a good weekend and get to see all your other guy friends soon.
Yes, I wasn't.
ReplyDeleteAlso, person mentioned here >> No, seriously. I hung out with Tai yesterday. I was the first person he had gone out to visit for three months because his baby's mom doesn't like his friends.
Thank you for the time you took to explain, but you didn't have to.
John told Josh you were pretty upset that he had canceled. You can understand that the timing of your message and everything else may have struck a chord.
ReplyDeleteI can, which is why I posted a response.
ReplyDeleteAfter thinking about this for hours, I am going to post an appendix to my comments in bullet form:
ReplyDelete- Yes, I was frustrated and it involved you at the time of writing.
- No, you were not the one being referred to as a manipulative bitch.
- Yes, I'm still frustrated about the situation in general.
- No, it does not involve you.
I completely agree with this. I was in a relationship with a person where it was like this for me. Anytime the guys wanted to get together she made me feel like shit if I didn't want her to go. And the times she did go she would just be annoying, wanting to leave ASAP -_-
ReplyDeletePeople in relationships need to have separate lives/friends/hobbies. I learned this.
@Marquis that is understandable
ReplyDelete@Wasney yes they do to a point, that point being that the woman(or man) should not begin to feel justifiably left out because the man(or woman) is spending so much time with their other friends without or spending so much time without including the significant other.
I think it would be fair to say that common friends aren't the problem. My problem is the "OMGNOES!!!!!!!!!111111!!!!! DEFCON5" factor whenever someone goes "I'm going to ___ today."
ReplyDeleteIn a relationship like Wasney's, for instance, he spends a lot of time with his girlfriend when he gets a chance so it is frustrating when he is made miserable for doing something else he wishes to without her being there because he *knows* he's there to hang out with the guys and not necessarily with his lady friend that day.
WOW. Funny ish right here (even though it . It's kinda funny because I have never heard someone actually write about something like this but you have a point. Being married in general your time that you spend with the other person almost vanishes into thin air at times and we tend to neglect our closest friends so I really hope that you and the person in question get to hang out so you won't continue to be frustrated. This happens to almost everyone in a relationship so don't be too mad at him :(
ReplyDelete