27 June 2011

the rest of the week..

Well, since my last blog entry was on the 23rd, the last few days were action-packed and a bit... charged.

I went out with Polli that night to Applebee's as I had planned to take him out for his b'day. I was very much... out of sorts, but I tried to make it work. We got in the car and drove away and getting there, we were soon seated.

Every song that came on for the whole time was a romantic song about boyfriends and girlfriends. If you knew how the two of us are together, you would know why we spent the whole time laughing. It was insane. I mean every single song was a romantic something or other. It was hilarious.

I felt better by the time I arrived home and he went home for the night.

The next day, there was work and roommates. I took Quan and Rickey to Panera Bread since they hadn't been before and I got a turkey and artichoke sandwich (it was yummy, so hush!). After that, I drove around the long way and came home.

That night, I went with Polli, Drake, and Jacbar to see The Green Lantern at Beechwood. I will kick myself forever for paying full price instead of going for matinee and I bought a smoothie that was utterly gross (and it was strawberry so double boo). On the other hand, I got to talk to Polli throughout the movie and, comic geeks that we are, it made the whole night a lot better. I happened to see David and Willie on the way out of the movie theater. Muted, mixed emotions at best. I don't understand how these people work at all and I'm fine not knowing. It's just annoying knowing what could have been at times.

As we left the movie theater, Polli ran to a shopping cart standing alone and jump-kicked it. It was hilarious in that WTF-ish kind of way. Drake was tired and Jacbar probably could have hung in that moment forever with all of us, but we went home and went to sleep.

Saturday, I was up at about 7AM waiting for 11AM-noon to show up. In an earlier entry, I noted that Noah's mom died and the funeral was Saturday. I had the whole day clear of any kind of activity. I told him that, if he weren't feeling up to picking me up that day, he could just tell me where everything would be happening and I could drive there. I told him to text me when he was near.

Nothing happened. I spent the entire today home until very late that evening. I played video games with James and chatted with people online and read a book for a while. Not one word. Not one text. Nothing.

Later that night, Savannah and Quan came over. Rickey was emo and that pissed James off. I just wanted some peace, so I asked everyone to quiet down a bit. Phillip sent me many texts with his wonderings about this thing and that. The guy has a lot of questions, but I'm proud of him. He's starting to ask better questions at least.

We took a group trip to Applebee's, had a bit to eat and drink with everyone. We saw Jess who we knew and talked to her a bit. I got the same server from Thursday night and he remembered me. That was nice. Jess entertained herself by throwing paper balls at me for the night (very entertaining ^^). I couldn't find my bank card to pay for my food, but luckily I had enough money on hand to handle the bill and a small tip, so I left that at the table and decided to look for the card the next day. I took a longish drive and came back home, just enjoying the moment we were in. After chatting for a bit, I went to my room, started my sleeping playlist, and fell asleep after doing some reading for the day.

I missed Polli that day.

The next day, I spent another quiet morning awake early. After a few hours of this, I popped down the hall. Rickey was already gone for the day at work. James wanted to clean, so we cleaned, then sat down to play games and read. I played FF7 for a few and got the Odin materia, then went upstairs to take a nap. I woke up in enough time to get ice cream, but didn't. I exercised instead, waited for Phillip to arrive since he wanted to talk, and headed to the airport to pick up the boss man.

The trip there was picturesque. The trip home was hilarious as Ale filled me in on his trip to Cali and all of the things that happened there. He enjoyed the mini-vacation after the convention he went to very much to say the least. When we got back to Athens, he wanted to get a beer, so I went with him. I don't like beer, so I got a ginger-vodka and he got a vodka-tonic. Phillip got PBR. We enjoyed and laughed and thought the place was so crowded. Blue laws are hilarious.

After that I took Ale to his apartment and took his car back home (it was only one drink, I seem to have a high tolerance for someone that doesn't drink much). After arriving home, I talked to Phillip for a bit, talked to James a little, then went to bed.

Today, I woke up several times and then decided that I just didn't want to get out of bed. Ale wouldn't be at work till 10 anyway. When I woke up at 9:20, I thought maybe I should get going, but didn't actually leave until like 9:40-something. About that time, I wanted a McGriddle. After thinking through several work ethic-related items, I opted to just be late and get the McGriddle and some OJ, then drive to work, park the car, and head into the office. No one was there so I ate my stuff, then got a text. He went to the cafe, so I met him there, and tooled around a bit. After I got some coffee and cookies and had a good convo or two, I headed back to the office where I am now.

When I got here, I got a message on twitter from Noah. Read from bottom to top:


I don't understand this. I really don't and it bothers me. I don't even know how to respond. I'm not mad, I'm hurt. Why, in the moment that you need a friend most, would you not communicate with them or let them be there. I guess it's easier to hide than just let yourself be loved, but it's not something I have to like.

Now I have articles to right and hangout dates to keep and so on, so I supposed I'll get back to that for now. Hopefully I'll keep up with my must-do list a bit better this week.

2 comments:

  1. "It's just annoying knowing what could have been at times." What does this mean exactly? And sometimes it's easier to face the first part of grief (ie breakdown) alone. I know that I HATE pity/sympathy/affection when I'm breaking down, but shortly afterward, I'll want it. I just feel crazy, and it's not something you want someone you love to experience. I can be really hurtful without meaning to be, and then instead of focusing on whatever it is that is causing me to come to a breaking point, then I'm having to worry about whether or not I am hurting someone else, and so then my original reaction gets delayed. Make sense?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suppose I do. Doesn't make it hurt less. Namely, I'd rather be there and not needed than not.

    As for what could have been: what could have become of our friendship if both of us had kept working on it.

    ReplyDelete