24 April 2010

Aftermath

Long awaited talk with roommate #1 was had last night. It was about two hours long. Roommate #2 was also there. The talk was actually calm, civil and concise. They ended up agreeing with what I did in the end, but have an anxiety disorder that made a change of that magnitude hard to deal with (apparently people with this kind of disorder don't handle change in general well). Mind you, I wouldn't have gone for it if I hadn't talked to her parents about this beforehand -- roommate #1 has had to take a rather sizable number of meds in their lives because of all manner of things including anxiety.

They overreacted and said as much. I calmly explained what brought me to this point. We talked about that, how they were in general, and parted ways civilly.

I think there is a tentative peace for now and I'm calming down and feeling a bit better and less dark, but this giant is not quite asleep. Not just yet.... I'm going to keep pushing, keep my house clean, and bug the fuck out of everybody until we get it right. REGRESS IS NOT AN OPTION.

2 comments:

  1. Keep pushing - all the way through. It's worth it & I have a pretty good idea about these things recently :-)

    ReplyDelete