21 November 2010

persian parties

So I went to go visit Reza this weekend ♥.

First, we surprised him with coming up on Friday. We came in to a massive group of people dancing and partying until the late hours of the night until I was told that the late night festivities were over a wedding.

This caught everyone else by total surprise -- I just simply forgot in my excitement to get there. Oh well. No worries for me. We met the soon-to-be wifey and headed upstairs to laugh, chill, talk, etc. Of course, I got comfortable after a while of this and passed out. It was well late by then.

The next morning, we got up. I took a shower. More talking about a whole bunch of things. Charlene came up, but that passed without much being said.

Something came up, so Reza and Brett left to take of the matter. Should only take a few minutes...

...they returned four hours later. At the same time, I had already said we needed to be home at 5:30pm or so... That was when we left. As we are making our way, it is suggested that we take a 45 minute detour.

I was livid. I had things to do and I had made that a known fact.

Finally got home, the thing I had to do was rescheduled. I suited up for a wedding and made my way there. Fun times. Pictures were taken and there were three hours of dancing. Persian girls are cute, too, by the way.

Going on, we make our way home. We stop because I needed to drive as the driver was tired at which point I am told, "You said you would help me with gas..." I know what I said. What I don't know is why I am stopping here at 1:45am. I can give you a $10 bill and let you get gas at a later time. I want to go home... which again I had mentioned earlier. Oh well. Got $12 of gas and then I drove home, irritated, because I hate taking detours. I just want to get where I'm going. Mid-afternoon without plans? I'm fine. 2am when people start sleeping and I have to be awake to direct two tons of metal and other bits on wheels? Not so much.

Ugh!

Now I'm writing this because I'm too irritated to sleep and the irritant is sleeping here because they are too tired to drive home. >_<

At least Reza, his new mom, his brother and his dad were happy to see us and were glad we could make it to the wedding. We were also told we were amazing dancers. Maybe I should take proper dancing lessons for Persian dances :D

No comments:

Post a Comment