Of all things that love is not about, it is definitely not about nonsense.
It seems that my thoughts from earlier caused some anger and right around the point I thought they would and to that response I have only to say that I do not care. I was very careful about the words I picked and if that isn't enough, then it is not my fault. That is all.
Love is not this nonsense and considering other things, I will just feel free to speak my mind about it freely since I'm just damned no matter what I do.
Let's get to it.
The first and most important thing I want to say is that I was wrong. Let me repeat that a couple of times.
I was wrong. Quite wrong. About a lot of things.
There are a lot of things that I chose not to do/chose to do. Being more affectionate (I mean, I did give her a kiss that one time on Memorial Day in my cousin's front yard... and I think around the time of our first date/senior prom). Being more willing to argue (I simply was not. I'm not much more willing now either, truth be known). I could have put her first more often (...but didn't think that there should be that much competition between family, friends, and a lover -- my family and friends are very important to me as I am to them and there is no competing with that from anyone, period).
Fact is, I was younger. There was a lot of things I didn't want to do and pride I didn't want to give up because, "grrrrdammet I have a college degree and I should get an awesome job..." I was apparently a little too honest about my feelings about everything and that was taken as much teasing. I'm sorry that I came across that way; I was simply speaking my mind.
I thought through a lot of this while talking to Michelle yesterday and I'm glad I did take the time to talk to her and get some of this out of my head in word form because I had to think it through. Anyway, the point is that, while I have my reasons for doing things, I could have done some things differently or better or not at all or more often. There will always be that and I have made my peace with that.
Some people apparently have not.
Let me make a note here and cut through some real bs here: if you don't love someone, it is nothing less than the fact that you do not want to. Let me repeat:
People do what they want to with what they have 100% of the time. It will never be otherwise.I find it funny, reviewing so many conversations, that there is always a mention of, "There's too much hurt. Too many scars. Too much..." of anything.
I call bullshit.If you want to love someone, you love them. If you want to be friends with someone, you do it. If you want to spend time with someone, you do that. It's not rocket science and it's not even really difficult. The fact is that people like to lie to others and, worse, they like to lie to themselves, but I'll tell you here and now: I'm not the one for that.
It's easy to get defensive and angry when someone points out how they feel and what they think. Easy and cowardly and it's something a lot of people do. I, on the other hand, choose to own my life. Every bit of it. What I have. What I do. What I don't. The friends I have in my life are because I thought it was worth it and the ones I no longer have is because I don't believe they weren't fighting for (or other reasons that don't need to be known).
Being really specific to one person: your scars have nothing to do with your ability to love or not love. Your problem is selfishness and cowardice. Nothing less. In the end, we're all just bricks in a castle you are building to feel safe from whatever is going to hurt you and relationships of any kind do not work that way. There is a difference between heart change and behavior modification. I'm sure you know this. Behavior modification is easier, but heart change is more desirable and only someone who is brave will ever see it.
That said, I invite you as you invited me in your journal: think what you will. I'll go even further: believe what you will. In the end, I'll be standing still in peace and you will be yelling and screaming at nothing. That's who you've become and I'm fine with that.
let's clear three things up. 1. I can and do love and have loved twice since you and in spite of you. And, i loved you when it hurt to do so.
ReplyDelete2. We aren't friends because you don't want to be. You have your reasons for that and that is fine. I get it. I'll leave you alone and stop begging you for it.
3. You don't know who I am or what I've become. You don't know where my thoughts lie or where my heart is. You don't know what my hurts are or where I've been healed so it's not particularly fair for you to tell the world who I am when you have no way of knowing because by your choice we grew apart.
1. [a] good for you. [b] no, you didn't. end of.
ReplyDelete2. None of this is true whatsoever. However, that last sentence is perfectly fine. By all means, stop begging for anything. You shouldn't have to. You're better than that.
3. Who you are and what you've become are pretty clear. Where your thoughts and heart lie are none of my concern. Nor is where you you have been hurt, healed, or otherwise. If I wanted to tell the world anything, I have a public website and a facebook page. It wouldn't be that hard to make things annoying public with the click of a button and I choose not to do this. Be thankful. Finally, by my choice we did nothing. If I recall, you broke up with me. I have that in print with your name on it.
I don't know why you decided to comment here and I don't care, but if you're going to come at me in any direction, come correct. I am only warning you once: I am not one to be toyed with. My journal is my own and I will write what I wish. If this bothers you, then don't read it.
you aren't completely correct either but whatever.
ReplyDeleteYes. That.
DeleteAs a side note, there are other ways to get attention that would be more positive. Why don't we try some of those channels. Go bake a cupcake and share it with a neighbor or something.
"You're not completely correct either but whatever" Really? Who the hell cares? Honestly, I'm more correct than you're willing to admit, but whatever. How about that?
You must be subscribed to this or something. Oh well, feel free to stick around if you want.