22 October 2010

over the last few.....

It has been a while, hasn't it?

So let's talk about the latest of developments in brief:
  • Donovan moved out.
  • Morgan and Baranda are moving out (this will be in past tense by the time I get home tonight). They also almost broke up this week.
  • Work has been hella busy because the CEO came this week.
  • I'm dog-sitting.
Let's talk about those things in turn.

Donovan moving out was probably James's dream come true. He really hates him. He left his car here until yesterday. He didn't pay rent or utilities and he probably never will. I could be upset about that, but why?

In the end, it's not like I didn't expect it.

Morgan and Baranda moving out has mixed emotions, but I think this is mostly a positive for everyone involved. Baranda thinks having her own place and her own room in that place will be a good thing.

Morgan agrees. At the same time, he's been very emotional this week. Some of it I'm confused about. Mostly, I'm amused. I was 10 feet from him the whole time, but he decides to be emotional about things. My emotional responses are muted mostly. It's not that I don't care, but it's just another day to me. He's moving, I'm staying. I will wake up tomorrow and there will be less people and things in the house. That is all there is. Nothing to be upset about.

Work has been hell. Out by like 7-8PM every day for four days.... after coming in at 9AM. I love my job, but this was crazy. Email this. Script that. Check the prints. There's just too much going on. Then the CEO was coming which set some people on edge ("OMG OMGOMG").

In the end, I made it all work and they loved me. The CEO took a moment to compliment me today. That was nice. We talked about what I wanted to do in the future and what they needed me to do in the future. They are complimentary and, in many case, convergent. It was cool.

After it was all said and done, I got everyone the marketing materials, emails, itineraries, apps, coffees and phone calls taken care of and even had time to pay my electric bill (roomies didn't help, so I ended up with $525 worth of bill).

Now that I'm finished here and my parking meter is almost up, I'm goin home early. I deserve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment